Dreams and Quest4Fame
Ethnic Indian Artist – Sandhya Manne
Sandhya Manne is a talented Indian artist living in Dallas, Texas. Since the start of her art career in 2007, her artworks have joined private collections in Canada, USA and India. She is currently exhibiting through juried shows in Dallas-Fort Worth area and serving as an artist role model to her children. In her interview, she talks about her artworks, success secrets and much more.
Hello Sandhya, Welcome to Quest4Fame! Where does your subject in art come from and how do you work?
I am inspired by the colors, architecture, textiles and figures from Indian culture. So, most of the subjects and theme for my work comes from there. I am a mixed media artist, which means that I work with multiple media in a single painting. I predominantly work in Oils, but include clay, beads, egg shells and other recyclable items in my paintings.
I am a self taught artist and always look forward to learn new art form. Since I had the opportunity to live in different parts of the world, I picked up various methods of art which I combine to suit the theme and subjects, while bringing out my style. My work is categorized into mixed media (oils, clay), watercolors and zentangle (its a new art form that I was introduced here in the US). So, the design procedure consists of first picking up the category to work on and then build the theme in that medium.
Who do you owe the success as an artist to?
Definitely to my husband. He has given me the space and freedom to grow and achieve my dreams. Also, family and friends, have played a big role, they have always been around and supported me. Its for all of them that I push myself to do better and better.
Most of your artwork include the abstract images. How do you come up with the ideas?
When something inspires me, I like to create it in my style, with my beliefs and interpretation, and in the process I build an abstract artwork adding texture, embossed materials in vibrant colors.
What inspires you to create art and how do you keep motivated when things get tough in the studio?
I admire handmade items, anything from sculptures to origami especially with an Indian touch inspires me. Its kind of an impulsive-compulsive need for me to play with colors, make textures, and create patterns. Being part of various art networks, I take support and inspiration from fellow artists when thing get rough. Also, sometimes I take time off; a day or two for introspection which helps me to recharge.
What do you think is the greatest honour achieved to your artwork?
As an artist, it is always a pleasure to receive comments and compliments for my work from family and friends. My greatest honor is when highly successful and established artists, saw my work, and took the time and effort to appreciate my work with wonderful comments. Read more
Don't forget to post your comments right below, you know I love to read them.....
Read about other dreamers @ http://quest4fame.org
Sign Up!! for Monthly Ezine with updates, Freebies, Discounts...
Meet Sandhya Manne
Hey there... Glad to see you here!! I am a self-taught Indian Artist living in Garland,Texas with my husband, and two little kids. I paint everyday at my studio in the Mall. While my predominant medium is oils and Ink drawings, I also enjoy creating mixed media.. Since the start of my art career in 2009, my artworks have been part of private collections in Canada, USA and India. I am currently exhibiting through juried shows in Dallas-Fort Worth area. Learn More
- 2013 (53)
- May (4)
- April (3)
- March (8)
- February (9)
- January (29)
- Ho Hey!!
- Na NanaNana
- Not me..
- Why Pink??
- No Way!!
- Hey You!!
- That is right!!
- Not really...
- Ad Girl
- Stephanie-The Dog Walker
- There we go!!
- There you go!!
- Pamela-The Godmother
- I see
- How do I know
- Look there!!
- Kim-The Imposter
- Hey there!!
- 3rd ANNUAL ZENTANGLE-INSPIRED ART EXHIBIT - Pictures
- Mugshot 6 Cindy-The Nurturer
- Mugshot # 5 Regula “Babyface”
- Mugshot 4 Brenda "The Designer"
- Mugshot 3 Kim "The Scoop"
- Mugshot2-Laurie"Smooth as Silk"
- Mugshot1-Karin “Quickdraw”
- 2012 (106)
- December (16)
- 3rd ANNUAL ZENTANGLE-INSPIRED ART EXHIBIT
- Bhimbetka - Cave Paintings
- Bike Ride
- The Team
- Nap Time
- I am up!!
- Collin College Nov-Dec Zentangle Workshop Pictures
- 2013 Zentangle at Rowlett Community Center
- 2013- 4 week Zentangle at Collin College
- 2012 Winter Zentangle Class at Huffhines
- The Barn
- HiltonHead Workshop 2012
- The Grass
- The lonely road
- November (3)
- October (4)
- September (8)
- August (8)
- July (6)
- June (15)
- May (23)
- Kanchipuram Silk Sarees
- MAY 2012 Ezine - Kanchipuram Silk Sarees
- Daily Oils #15
- Daily Oils #14
- Daily Oils #13
- Daily Oils #12
- Daily Oils #11
- Daily Oils #10
- Daily Oils #9
- Daily Oils #8
- Daily Oils #7
- Daily Oils #6
- Daily Oils 5
- Meena Bazaar in Dallas..
- In different light
- Cherry Red Daily Oils 3
- Daily Oils 2
- Values - Daily Oils 1
- FIRST ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY --- WINNER
- FIRST ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY !!!!
- April 2012 Ezine - Madhubani Paintings
- MADHUBANI Paintings
- Kids Summer ART CAMP 2012
- April (4)
- March (5)
- February (9)
- March Zentangle Advance - White on Black Workshop
- Febraury 2012 Ezine - Sri Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple of Madurai
- Madurai Meenakshi Temple
- Pictures of "WITH LOVE" A Special Valentine's Experience art fair
- Febraury Zentangle Basics Workshop Pictures
- Pictures of OXIDE Gallery Night
- Invitation to "WITH LOVE" A Special Valentine's Experience
- February Zentangle Basics Workshop
- Invitation to OXIDE's February Gallery Night
- January (5)
- December (16)
- 2011 (57)
- December (4)
- November (7)
- October (6)
- September (7)
- Art Journaling - First Page of First Journal...
- Zentangle studio scoop Sep week 4
- Invitation for the Gallery Night at OXIDE Gallery...
- PAA Multicultural Exhibit 2011 and Opening Art Reception
- Zentangle studio scoop Sep Week 2
- September 2011 Ezine - "Ganesh Chaturthi" celebrating Lord Ganesha's Birthday...
- Weekend at Lakewood Summer Arts Faire 2011
- August (11)
- July (7)
- June (7)
- May (8)
- The 56th Annual Juied Members Show Receiption
- Guest post on Balancing Art and Motherhood
- 3 of my Artworks at 56th Annual Juried Members Show 2011
- 5 Reasons why my ART is Unique
- February 2011 Ezine
- March 2011 Ezine
- Art Exhibition at The Courtyard Theater, Plano TX
- All about the new series "Padma - The Lotus"
Tangle Art from Zentempletangles
Recent Postes form zentempletangles.com
Sandhya is a very talented artist, her artworks are truly amazing. The color schemes and the designs that she uses is very unique and is kind to the eyes and happy at heart. All her paintings and artwork reflect a...